Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm Getting GAGA over these 2 Series

      Since I was a kid, I'm fond of watching movies and read stories about vampires, wolves, witches, fairies, ghosts, zombies, and "aswang" (a mythical creature in Philippine folklore).  Although I am a coward :) and easily be frightened by these characters, I can't help it I enjoy hearing and watching stories about these creatures (weird). :D but hey, trip ko to, hehehe...  Others were crime drama series or true crime stories from National Geographic Channel and Discovery Channel.
     Aside from being a loyal "ABS-CBN Teleserye"  fanatic, I do also have my favorite international tv series.  Series that i watched before are like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CSI, NY, Miami) thru AXN etc..  But when the last quarter of 2008 came, HBO premiers a new series entitled TRUE BLOOD , and it really caught my attention. Just like a package deal for me, :) a collection of my favorite characters, vampires, wolves, shapeshifters, fairies, ghosts, witches and other evil characters, all-in-one, this is an American tv series that created and produced by Allan Ball (I just love him by doing this).  This story centered the life and adventure of the main character  Sookie Stackhouse, (played by Anna Paquin) a telepathic waitress who happens to be a fairy (revealed in the 2nd or 3rd season) whew! the setting took place in Louisiana. And with this series, vampires not only exist, they're interacting with people and the whole world knows about their existence.  A Japanese scientist invented a synthetic blood, called true blood so the humans were safely removed from their menu.  Sookie falls in love with a handsome 173-year-old vampire named Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), and the rest is history (well, I suggest to watch all episodes, I can't summarized everything here you know? hehehe) because it's already been season 5 I am waiting to be release on HBO this 2012.  Oh, another character here is Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard), how can I forget this hunk? He's over 1,000 years old and became a vampire sheriff, although his character in the 1st season is rude and selfish, he blooms in the 2nd season and so on, and that he has a great attraction to Sookie and willing to take her away from Bill, and yada, yada, yada... :) I must admit, I really love Eric here specially in season 4.  And guys, we can't deny the fact that love scenes here are sooooooooooo HOT, HOT, HOT!!! 
         Other characters here are Sam Merlotte (shapeshifter), the owner of Merlotte's where Sookie and some of her friends work. Jason Stackhouse, Sookie's not too bright brother.  Tara Thornton, Sookie's bestfriend since childhood.  Lafayette Reynolds, a gay and  a cook at Merlotte's, Tara's cousin.  Pamela de Beaufort (Pam), a loyal assistant of Eric and a bouncer at Fangtasia.  And Jesicca Hamby, young vamp made by Bill, a real beauty and sexy vampire, and so on.... 
            To those people out there that has the same taste as mine and haven't seen this series yet, better grab a copy now, you won't regret it, trust me. My sister get hooked over this the first time I introduced it to her.  Can't wait for the season 5 here on HBO Asia. :)


           What's next? Hmmmm, now I'm watching the newest series THE WALKING DEAD now on it's Season 2 episode 8.  If you like ZOMBIES, then you should watch this one, although I am always "bitin" because there are only 6 episodes in season 1 and 7 in season 2, now the continuation of the 2nd season was aired last Sunday (February 12, 2012) in America. This is an American horror television series developed by Frank Darabont first broadcast in AMC Channel. This series tells the stories and hardship on how to survive living in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, hope this won't happen in real life, I can't bear watching myself to be eaten alive by WALKERS! Yuck! Frankly, I was so excited to see the 8th episode, I even dreamed running away from zombies with my family! hahaha! 
          The main character here is Deputy Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), waking up from a coma, and found out that he's the only one "alive" in the hospital, he started to find his wife Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) and son Carl (Chandler Riggs) who happens to be with his best pal and partner in the sheriff's department named Shane Walsh (Jon Bernthal) and other survivors.  And to keep the story short for the 1st season, Rick's family and pal thought that he didn't survived in the hospital, and the time Rick found them they were all stunned and shocked because Shane and his wife already had an affair that was ended the moment Rick returned, and the survival from the zombies continues looking for a better place to hide and to live.
              If you are ready to drop your heart out, then don't be left behind! Catch the latest episodes. :)


             Okay, enough at this time, this is the latest 2 television series that I am being gaga at this moment, have any suggestions what to watch? please try to do so.. :)  Thanks for reading!..





             

           
         

No comments:

Post a Comment