Friday, February 17, 2012

Welcome to the Crazy Club

     Crazy Club? Is this for real? What kinda club is this? ):/ I'm only turning 31 years old this coming March 2012, at a very young age I already experienced being a parent and took responsibilities to my siblings (6 girls,1 boy), as the eldest I must take care of them whenever my parents were out of town to manage our furniture business and I am only 11 years old when I already knew how to take care of my new born sisters, sleeping near them, feeding formula milk, change the diapers, wash and bath them and even clean the freshly cut umbilical cord, and the responsibilities grow more and more when my mother went to the United States with our other relatives (to fulfill an American dream), I saw how my siblings had their adolescence period, their crushes, their first menstruation,  and also I am responsible for the circumcision of my lil' brother (of course I took him to the clinic, I'm not the one who performs it, :D) even the first time they taste a liquor.  I also witnessed how they survived one of the critical stages of being a teenager, and I'm always besides them.  I am the one who looks for them when they do not come early from school, or even not going home for days!!!
     And because our mother is not around, I cannot bear anything bad that will happen to them especially that  they are all under my supervision, and our mother will be very sad and upset, I am not perfect I always admit that, even I myself did many mistakes during my teenage life, even until today.  And I'm proud that my parents, especially my mother did not abandon me and never surrenders, she always see the good in me (even sometimes I do feel that I'm hopeless) :D
     So, when I decided to have my own family, I just taught I knew everything because of my experiences. I remembered when one of my co-workers greeted me when I was on my way to my 2nd child, "My dear, Welcome to the Crazy Club!" I replied, "What? What crazy club?" Then she smiles, "sooner, you'll know" she said... On my mind I said "What the... ? what is she talking about?" My life's fine, nothing to get crazy about.
     Years passed, me and my husband are having some issues most of the time, well, that's part of marriage and I thought we're not yet done with the adjustment period as "husband and wife" okay, that's fine. Then another year, and another, and another, my eldest turns 10 (ten) and my 2nd turns 7(seven) and my youngest 3 (three). Oh my gosh! I think this is it. My eldest and my 2nd child were always bullying each other, and they are really pain in the neck sometimes! You'll just hear someone's already crying or my daughter will yell " Mommy! Kuya's bullying me again!" and I will tell them "Come here you two, you are brothers and sisters, you should not fight, You should (referring to the eldest) take care of your sisters because you are their "kuya" (big brother), then they will pause for a moment, after a little while here they are again!! Oh what the f..... (tooooooot)!
     As our children grows, the more responsibilities we have, and the more "gastos" (expenses) of course!  Paying the tuition fees, electric bills, cable tv, food allowances, transportation allowances (for my husband because he travels everyday to get to work), miscellaneous expenses and so on...  Now, I'm getting really crazy about this stuffs! The financial responsibilities and the never-ending cat and mouse situation of my 2 children, sometimes they can even pissed me off!  One day as they both arrived from school, they were giggling and running towards me, and my eldest comes first bringing the "valentine's card" made by himself... and it goes like this "Mommy, mahal na mahal kita, kahit makulit ako, di ko na mabago ang ugali ko." (Mommy, I love you so much, although I am naughty I just can't change my attitude.) and my daughter gave me also her valentine's card "Mommy, you are the best mom in the world".... Hmmmm, teary eyes, I said "Thank you!" and they displayed it on my fridge.  This is one of the best gift I ever received. :) a little period, and then arguing again who's card is better than the other. Whosssshhh! 
     I know being a mom is not even half the way my mom did and still doing for us, even for me though I already have my own family and I just taught I knew everything, it proved me wrong I am just beginning to face the first stages of being a responsible parent, and it is forever as long as we live.  And now, I am truly a member of the so-called Crazy Club, but it's all worth it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment